Thursday, March 3, 2011

missing


Hi Bloggers!!! 


I haven’t posted much because there have been a lot of stressful events happening her at home. Nothing that has to do with my baby or my wonderful husband. 

Unfortunately, it has to do with this crazy New York State budget and cuts to education. The district that I work for is planning (at worst) to layoff 60 teachers! SIXTY! We are very small district and the department I work for has 33 teachers. The kicker here is that my husband and I work in the same district and department.. Which means if there are major cuts in our department we both loose our jobs. I am not fired I would be excessed. Which means my name will stay on the list for 7 years. If a position of my department becomes available I would be called. 

I am not at the very bottom of the seniority list. However, I am not in a spot that I call comfortable. I (the worrier) freak out about the worst-case scenario. My husband doesn't worry until he needs too. The rumors and anxiety of everything has been getting the best of me, especially if they cut past my husband.  

Part of me feels that if I am excessed that it was meant to be that I stay home with the baby for a year and find something for the following year. My husband would make enough money with coaching to support us (my unemployment will help too).  However, I have worked so hard to get to the position I am in. I would be recommended for tenure next year and have job security. 

I hope everything works out for us. If it turns for the worst, I will be devastated behind control. Hopefully if it has to be it would be one of goes, not both. 


Thanks for letting me vent :) 



2 comments:

Sonya said...

Thinking of you guys! My husband and I went through the same thing last year, but we were in 2 different districts. We both made it through and got tenure, then he decided to quit teaching and went back to school! Hopefully it won't affect both of you!

Fran said...

Yikes, I'm sorry you and your husband are going through this. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope it all works out :)