Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Great Long Catchup- Enjoy :)

Day 17 - an art piece (drawing, sculpture, painting, etc)



Melting Clocks by Salvador Dali
This painting hangs over our bed. 

Day 18 - my wedding/future wedding/past wedding

















Day 19 - a talent of yours




I taught myself how to ski. I basically pick up all sports pretty fast. I usually teach myself how to do anything new. 



Day 20 - a hobby of yours


I am a secret XBox fanatic. I play when I am bored or when DH is gone for a long period of time. Here is the current game I am obsessed with: 







Day 21 - a recipe - I call it "You Got to Be Kiddin' Me" Sunday Night Dinner... special thank to my father in law ( i am making it as we speak!)


Ingredients
2 table spoons extra virgin olive oil 
4 garlic cloves
1 large onion, chopped
1 pound of hot italian sausage, removed from casing
1 cup of red wine ( I use merlot)
1 28 ounce can peeled Italian tomatoes. drained and chopped, reserve liquid. 
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
salt and pepper
1 pound rigatoni 
1 19 ounce can of canellini beans
1/2 cup of paremesean cheese
2 tablespoons of basil 


1. In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute. Add the onion and sausage; break sausage witha spoon and cook until it loses its pink color.  (Approx 7 mins) Add red wine and cook over high heat until reduced by half. (Approx 10 mins) Stir in the tomatoes, their liquid and the red pepper, and seasoning (salt and pepper) Cover over moderate heat until slightly thickened. (Approx 30 minutes)


2. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook the rigatoni until al dente. Drain well. 


3. Add the rigatoni to the sauce and gently stir in the beans, 1/2 cup of parm cheese, and basil. Cook, stirring gently until heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to warmed bowls. 


Serve with garlic bread! :) 




Day 22 - a website







Day 23 - a youtube video


Go Jets!!!



Day 24 - where I live- in detail, what makes it special?




I live in a tiny town that is a long the Hudson River in Rockland County, New York. I am lucky enough that the view of the Hudson and Westchester sky line is visible from the Condo Association pool and from the windows of the school I work in. Downtown there are tiny mom and pop shops with a large night life scene. Celebrities such as Rosie O'Donell, Madonna, and Bill Murray lived here. 



1 comment:

Just a Jersey Girl said...

I notice you live in Rockland Co NY. I grew up in Spring Valley (well my dad worked there but I was always there). Will be following you if you don't mind :)