Saturday, February 19, 2011

Weekend and Vacation :) Oh my!

Holy weekend! This is a much needed break for the world of life and teaching. My husband and I are off until Feb 28th. We are so excited we don't know what to do with outselves. This weekend is going to be so relaxing. 


Last night, we went out to dinner out of favorite restaurant. HOLY CRAP! It was just what I needed. A nice homemade Italian meal. Makes me miss my grandma. G and I are obssessed with Southern Italian food. We started off with a nice salad with olive oil and balsamic home-made dressing. Looked a little like this: 



G ordered penne vodka with grilled chicken while I went ALL out and got seafood with linguine and plum tomato. Now, I know everyone is going to be reading this and say "Why would she order that you can't have seafood". I don't eat seafood everyday (in fact maybe once every 4 months) AND after much research I came to the conclusion that has long as its fresh and COOKED seafood it will be ok. The seafood was so hot I burned my mouth. It was delicious. Although I am paying for it this morning. It hit the spot! I feel very guilty for eating this and I think I will hold off for the remainder of the pregnancy on this meal. But it was very delicious!

Shrimp - Calamari - Squingelli - Mussels - Clams

We closed out the meal with dessert. My favorite is tartufo while G loves Spuonini. We had a lot of fun talking about the baby and our friends. Buying a house soon and talking about back in the "day" memories. I would love to do this every week with G.     


Today, I am going to hit up a 11:30 zumba class at the gym then do some cardio workouts. I might get some shopping done. I need some larger shirts because they are getting snug and we are not ready to "tell the world" till April. I am sure I will be picking up some baby stuff too! Tonight, we are having dinner with our close friends and telling them. It's exciting. I can't wait. 

Have a safe and wonderful weekend. I am so excited to show you guys the new blog design I have been working on with Jenn from Munchkinland Designs. She is great! 









No comments: